Daily Airfield Maintenance Closures:
- Attendance at the Airfield Closure Meeting, Thursdays at 11:00am at the Airside Operations Trailer "B", is required. On duty Ops personnel will only give permission for emergency closures required to maintain FAA Part 139 compliance.
- Day Runway Closures will be scheduled from 0500L-0800L only. Afternoon closures MAY be accommodated on Saturdays and Sundays from 1100L-1500L. All other closures will need to be coordinated from 2300L-0500L.
- All Closures are tentative and may change based on weather and air traffic.
- Please Call Airport Operations at 303.342.4200 to join an already Scheduled Closure.
- New Daily Telecom for final arrangements: PROMPTLY begin at 0630L for day closures and 2045L for midnight through morning closures.
- Conference # 303-342-4901 Participants code (807935#)
- Participants call into telecom for each appropriate telecom period to get updated on the closure and potential changes.
As Policies and Procedures have not been implemented fully from the Gate Closure RIE we are currently trying to implement as many “Just Do Its” as possible.
- Until further notice coordination will remain status quo to the airlines. Each group is responsible for coordinating their work with the airlines.
- Email addresses for the airlines have been added to the construction update email list.
- Operations will own anything inside the fence line and outside the shell of the building; including the jet bridges, gate area, VSR and additional areas within the airfield.
- ALL of AIM (ENG/HVAC/PC Air/Jet Bridges/Field/Paint/Elec/Survey/Planning/Etc) will attend the Thursday meetings to submit their work.
- Engineering will be present weekly to give status updates in the airfield closure meeting on their projects in order to help coordinate future needs from other DEN groups and to inform of schedules to overlap work.
- Beginning the first week in August a working group will meet to coordinate PM’s and construction work for the month or longer.
- In the future -All gate closures will be coordinated with the airlines through the construction email and the RTS Staff position from the monthly meeting.
- Attendance on the daily telecon is now required for a gate closure.
- Each gate closure will be communicated with the Ops 6 and recorded in the google calendar with the responsible party call sign until the gate has been given back to Ops control.
- The shift RTS will be responsible for communication and coordination with the airlines prior to the telecon for the go/no decision.
- The RIE Group is working on a checklist for the daily and long-terms closures and reopening long term and short term closures, potentially including a walk through with all DEN groups for buy-in of product.
- We will be collecting feedback over the next two months to ensure that we have a working policy and procedures prior to implementation with a formal document.
- Requests must be submitted in person at the weekly closure meeting for a minimum of one week in advance to be considered for approval.
- Work requests may be submitted more than one week in advance, however, the Department/Section representative requesting the closure must be present at the most recent weekly meeting leading up to the proposed closure.
- Closure requests will no longer be accepted via telephone/email/fax.
- Responsible parties will be confirmed at each weekly meeting for the deployment of closure related safety devices (ex: barricades, cones, lighted X’s, etc.)
- The on duty Aviation Operations Manager will consider late notice closure requests for airfield surfaces requiring Emergency response. This includes areas that impact the safety of continued aircraft operations and/or threaten the integrity of FAR 139 compliance.
- At the discretion of the on duty Airport Operations Manager, work will be allowed late notice on areas that have previously been requested and are being executed by another entity.