*** NEW *** NEW *** NEW ***
Daily Airfield Maintenance Closures:
· Attendance at the Airfield Closure Meeting on Thursdays at 11:00am in the Airside Operations Trailer B is required to request an airfield closure to ensure all divisions have the ability to make efficient use of every closure. On duty Ops personnel will only give permission for emergency closures required to maintain compliance.
· Day Runway Closures will be scheduled from 0500L-0800L only. Afternoon closures MAY be accommodated on Saturdays and Sundays from 1100L-1500L. All other closures will need to be coordinated from 2300L-0500L.
· FAA Maintenance will have a rotating afternoon 1200L-1500L closure schedule on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 1st Week 35’s. 2nd Week 34’s. 3rd Week 7/25 and 8/26. (4th Week will be for closures delayed due to weather or equipment emergencies.)
· All Closures are tentative and may change based on weather and air traffic.
· During Construction of Rwy 17L/35R only emergency afternoon closures will be allowed during the week. Weather permitting closures will still be allowed on Saturdays and Sundays from 1100L-1500L and daily from 2300L-0800L.
· Please Call Airport Operations at 303.342.4200 to join a Scheduled Closure.
Requirements for Stakeholders
-Requests must be submitted in person at the weekly closure meeting for a minimum of one week in advance to be considered for approval.
-Work requests may be submitted more than one week in advance, however, the Department/Section representative requesting the closure must be present at the most recent weekly meeting leading up to the proposed closure.
-Closure requests will no longer be accepted via telephone/email/fax.
-Responsible parties will be confirmed at each weekly meeting for the deployment of closure related safety devices (ex: barricades, cones, lighted X’s, etc.)
-The on duty Aviation Operations Manager will consider late notice closure requests for airfield surfaces requiring Emergency and/or Priority 1 response. This includes areas that impact the safety of continued aircraft operations and/or threaten the integrity of FAR 139 compliance.
-At the discretion of the on duty Airport Operations Manager, work will be allowed late notice on areas that have previously been requested and are being executed by another entity.