*** NEW *** NEW *** NEW ***
Daily Airfield Maintenance Closures:
· Attendance at the Airfield Closure Meeting, Thursdays at 11:00am at the Airside Operations Trailer "B", is required. On duty Ops personnel will only give permission for emergency closures required to maintain FAA Part 139 compliance.
· Day Runway Closures will be scheduled from 0500L-0800L only. Afternoon closures MAY be accommodated on Saturdays and Sundays from 1100L-1500L. All other closures will need to be coordinated from 2300L-0500L.
· FAA Maintenance will have a rotating afternoon 1200L-1500L closure schedule on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 1st Week 35’s. 2nd Week 34’s. 3rd Week 7/25 and 8/26. (4th Week will be for closures delayed due to weather or equipment emergencies.)
· All Closures are tentative and may change based on weather and air traffic.
· During Construction of Rwy 17L/35R (Summer 2015) ONLY emergency afternoon closures will be allowed during the week. Weather permitting closures will still be allowed on Saturdays and Sundays from 1100L-1500L and daily from 2300L-0800L.
· Please Call Airport Operations at 303.342.4200 to join a Scheduled Closure.
Requirements for Stakeholders
-Requests must be submitted in person at the weekly closure meeting for a minimum of one week in advance to be considered for approval.
-Work requests may be submitted more than one week in advance, however, the Department/Section representative requesting the closure must be present at the most recent weekly meeting leading up to the proposed closure.
-Closure requests will no longer be accepted via telephone/email/fax.
-Responsible parties will be confirmed at each weekly meeting for the deployment of closure related safety devices (ex: barricades, cones, lighted X’s, etc.)
-The on duty Aviation Operations Manager will consider late notice closure requests for airfield surfaces requiring Emergency and/or Priority 1 response. This includes areas that impact the safety of continued aircraft operations and/or threaten the integrity of FAR 139 compliance.
-At the discretion of the on duty Airport Operations Manager, work will be allowed late notice on areas that have previously been requested and are being executed by another entity.